Sunday, April 29, 2007

at one with the land

MrUrban said yesterday "thanks for making us get the allotment" and I realised how much we have both been enjoying it.

In a way it doesn't matter if we even get any vegetables out of it (although we have already had salad and, of course, the rhubarb) - we are feeling fit and healthy; it is an excuse to be outside, and have barbeques; and it is just hugely pleasant to sit there noticing small things growing and watching our resident robin noseying at what we are doing (I'm going to try and get a pic of him but he flys off every time I reach for my camera).

It is also great to have people to say hello to, and somewhere to go. I work at home and have made a decision to try and get to the allotment every day. I really think it has helped me on a day to day basis, I feel a lot happier having that little patch of outdoors that I can go and visit.

Here's to cups of tea and plant watching.

No comments: