Tuesday, March 04, 2008

figgy blogging


I had bought 2 little fig plants on Friday (as a birthday present to myself) from Lidl, who are having a bit of a garden extravaganza including plants and tools.

They have been sat in the car boot since then, so yesterday I took them to the allotment to plant up into pots. They were quite sturdy plants, I was quite impressed, especially at 2.99 each!


As it was so cold and snowy I gave them little fleece tents to live in for the meantime; our unheated greenhouse does get quite cold. The instructions on the packet said that they would tolerate down to -5°C so it should be OK, but I figured they would appreciate the jackets.

6 comments:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Great slideshow !
glad to hear some one else in the world has SNOW too !
A greenhouse albeit unheated is wonderful !
Joy

urbanbumpkin said...

Thanks!

I'm looking forward to having plenty more things to put in the slideshow this year. All being well.

And the snow is all gone now. Still cold though, but I'm sure not as cold as where you are!

Pepette said...

Great info about Lidl - I got my dates mixed up and didn't think the gardening extravanganza started until next week.
I'd better pop round on my way back from work and see what is left - I'm really hoping they have fig trees left, I have been dying to get one and at this price there's really no reason why I shouldn't! :)

urbanbumpkin said...

If you are going to our local Lidl, then they had them hidden on the right by the tills when I went, at first I thought they didn't have them and was disappointed!

Pepette said...

I went last night but all they had left were climbers like clematis and honeysuckle and a lot of proper fruit trees, which I am not interested in... I'll pop in again tonight in case they had a re-stock but it looks like I have missed the boat!

Matron said...

I've had some great bargains from Lidl too! You might have a look at Wilkinsons as well, I bought some gooseberry plants for £2.00