Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Signed up for another year!

Well I went and signed my missives and handed over my association fees this Saturday just gone, so we are signed up for another year.

I didn't really do anything at the plot, apart from empty the green house of some mouldy dead plants, re-attach a downpipe on the shed guttering, and tie our shade fabric canopy back up.

Oh and brought home mouldy leather gloves to wash. It has been very cold in that shed, it is all going to need a really good clean now that it is warming back up again.

But the plot didn't look as disheartening as I expected. It is a big mess, but all that work in previous years to put some structure into it means I can still see hope under all the weeds!

It is do-able - one bed at a time.

5 comments:

Chandramouli S said...

Urgh! That's back breaking task - cleaning everything up - especially weeding! Good luck with 'em.

dee said...

I popped down to my plot"fist time since Christmas and was dreading it" Surprised with what I saw "not to daunting" or maybe I'm just getting used to all the weeding now :)
It's me little gems, I've moved blogs..

Dee

Sue Garrett said...

Hope that your mouldy leather gloves don't become really stiff leather gloves after washing. When mine get wet I can't get me hands in!

Deborah at Kilbourne Grove said...

I would love to have an allotment, they do not seem to be as popular in Canada, do not know why. My place is very shady, not great for growing veg, but I manage a few things.

Bom said...

Good luck! I'm sure once the blooms come it will all be worth it.