Saturday, July 28, 2007

lean-house™ 2


We now have all the walls and roof cladded. We just need to put walls and doors on the ends, but we need to build wooden frames for that and our drill ran out of power again.

But it is sheltered in there so we moved in the tomatoes that have been getting a bit crowded in the cold frame. Because of the bars on the ceiling we can run strings from the tops of canes or grow bags up to the ceiling to stabilise them, which is great.

So we have 15 tomatoes (5 varieties) and 4 aubergines (2 varieties) in there now. I hope they like their new home.

2 comments:

Pepette said...

Hi, it's Plot 52 here. I finally started blogging again and come accross your comment. I'm amazed you found me!

Nice work on the lean house, I have to say I was wondering what it was going to be but I'm impressed - very ingenious!

urbanbumpkin said...

Hello! I just stumbled across your blog and recognised it from the name.

The tomatoes seem happy in the leanhouse, which is good. We just need to get round to finishing it now.