Wednesday, July 11, 2007

produce

Lots of things seem to be well on their way right now. The plum tomatoes are ripening:



The chillies have loads on them, as do the other 3 tomatoes, and there are 4 aubergines developing on one plant. The cucumber had shot up too, so there are 8 or so of those developing on the plant.


The peas are almost ready and so, I think, are the broad beans. Little gem lettuce we have in a few places and they seem to be doing well.

The weather has sent some broccoli and caulis mad, they are flowering already, so I guess that is them out of the game although we will at least be able to eat their small early offerings.

Today I discovered that someone else on our site blogs about their allotment Kennyhill Cottage so I've added that to my link list. They have had their plot a little longer than us, probably about 18months.

No comments: