Monday, May 07, 2007

Rainy Days and Bank Holidays

Generally the same thing it seems. We hopefully took the tools along and started on the cold frame today but the rain soon got the better of us. So we retreated into the greenhouse. Consequently the aquilegia got potted on into bigger pots; my Mum has warned me about aquilegia, she says hers self seed everywhere, so I'll have to keep an eye on them when they get planted out and maybe try and pick them as cut flowers before they seed. I don't want to annoy our neighbours.

Next week we should meet a few more plot holders, we are having a work day to cut the hedge that overhangs the public footpath and to tidy some of the main paths in the allotment site itself. And then a BBQ - we have volunteered/been asked to do the BBQ, must look out some kebab recipes to supplement the burgers and sausages.

I wonder if you can BBQ rhubarb?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could take a rhuburb cake! Who doesnt like cake??

http://www.riverford.co.uk/recipes/recipe.php?recipeid=156&catid=8

urbanbumpkin said...

Good idea! That recipe looks good and I also have a good rhubarb upsidedown cake recipe.

Anonymous said...

Aquilegia do self set.