Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Rhubarb Watch

It is hugely prolific, isn't it? I now have several jars of rhubarb marmalade and a kilner jar full of more rhubarb chutney.


I'm not sure about this batch of rhubarb chutney, it just doesn't feel quite right although I haven't tasted it yet - last week's batch was great.

I fried red onion in olive oil, added crushed garlic and coriander seeds, added the rhubarb, some sugar and some cider vinegar, and ground cumin, and this time some dried red chilli seeds. It worked last time, so just I hope it has worked again. It is certainly a good colour.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds delicious! Not sure if our little rhubarb will produce enough for chutney this year but I'll keep your recipe just in case.

urbanbumpkin said...

Our rhubarb appears to be a force of nature. We have one big crown, and 3 smaller ones. Every time we go there is more to pick.

Good job I like rhubarb.