Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Happy Spring Day!


Yesterday was such a beautiful day, and I got a serious case of allotment joy! It was an amazing day, I was working in short sleeves and we sat outside the shed in the sun to eat our packed lunch.

I had been a bit disheartened by the number of weeds, overgrown grass, and messy looking beds but we got a grip on a couple of them yesterday and I started to feel a lot more positive. I can really see it coming together again quickly now.

I also realised that two of my purple sprouting broccoli plants were salvageable; I had about 6-8 and I thought all of them were too tiny and stunted from the rubbish wet year we had. So, when I went to totally clear out the bed that they were in, I was delighted to discover might actually get a 2008 crop.



When we got the allotment last year (very close to this time of year) the only thing that we could harvest from the previous occupant's crops was the purple sprouting broccoli, and we made some great soup from it. I'm so glad that one year on we may have another crop.

1 comment:

Pepette said...

It was a really amazing day wasn't it ?! I had a similar experience with my PSB and like you looking forward to the new crop!