Thursday, February 14, 2008

With these peas Ambassador you are really spoiling us!


We have peas! Ambassador, and Kelvedon Wonder are coming up. Nothing from the Starlight ones yet.


It is lovely to see those bright green shoots popping up.

I also checked out the temperatures we have been getting. I have a weatherstation in the greenhouse and put the little remote sensor in the propagator (also in the greenhouse) with the peas.

It has got up to 27.8ºC and down to -2.6ºC in the greenhouse and up to 20.3ºC and down to -1.6ºC in the propagator itself, so although it isn't keeping them particular warm it is ironing out the extremes a little, which is good.

4 comments:

Pepette said...

Loving the title :)

I am really shocked by the extremes of temperature! I know it has been getting very cold at night so not too surprised by the lower one but 28! Wow...

urbanbumpkin said...

It is quite amazing isn't it? The greenhouse is south facing though. In summer last year it went up to 40°C +.

Matron said...

So amazing when your first seeds come up this time of year! I grow my peas in loo roll root trainers!

Anonymous said...

What necessary phrase... super, remarkable idea